106 – Organization
The structural organization of the Harris County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) reflects the responsibilities of the agency to the citizens of Harris County.
A. The structure of the HCSO is reflected in the Organizational Chart, which shall, at all times, remain updated and posted on the HCSO Intranet web page (http://hcsowsv05/intranet/).
B. Within the HCSO, the organizational units may be listed in the following order of rank:
1. Department: Denotes the HCSO as a whole
2. Command: Represents the major functional activities of the HCSO – Patrol and Housing
3. Bureau: Represents the major functional activities of each command
4. Division: Represents the major functional activities within a bureau
5. Section: A specialized unit within a division
6. Unit: Refers to an assignment or duty
This policy has been revised on the below listed dates:
April 21, 2009
April 27, 2021