101 – Mission Statement & Core Values
The foundation of any organization is defined by its employees’ honesty, moral standards, compassion, sincerity, and caring attitude. All Harris County Sheriff’s Office employees shall work together towards the common goals of achieving our Mission Statement and representing our Core Values as standards of conduct that all law enforcement practitioners should recognize and strive to achieve.
II. Mission Statement
The mission of the Harris County Sheriff’s Office is to enhance the safety and protect the trust of the citizens of Harris County by enforcing the law with integrity and professionalism.
III. Core Values
- Merit and maintain the public’s trust
- Embrace and deliver professional service
- Protect our citizens with honor and courage
- Exemplify ethical conduct at all times
- Develop, encourage, and care for our Sheriff’s Office family
21st Century Leading Law Enforcement Agency
This policy has been revised on the below listed dates:
December 10, 2009
January 14, 2014